Secure equal rights and opportunity for all. Promote social and economic justice and the health and safety of all Americans. (LWVUS, LWVF)
- Monitor and support local efforts to provide basic health care to those in all age groups not otherwise covered. Continue special focus on access to behavioral health care. Identify potential impact of changing federal programs on state and local health care.
- Monitor and promote programs for Collier County Schools that provide comprehensive health education, health services, and a safe, healthy environment.
- Support measures to provide adequate living and working conditions in Collier County. (housing, transportation, etc.)
- Monitor gun control issues in Collier County.
Network with groups and agencies with similar interests/concerns, including:
- Area Agency on Aging of SWFL
- Public Health Department
- Healthcare Network of Southwest Florida
- Emergency Medical Services
- Collier County Community and Human Services Department
- Collier County Veterans Services Department
- Collier County Hunger and Homeless Coalition
- Department of Children and Families
- Florida Healthy Teens Coalition
- Healthy Start Coalition of SWFL
- Citizens’ Foster Care Review Board
- Collier County Public Schools (School Nurse Program, Health Education)
- Leadership Coalition on Aging
- Other local Leagues
- LWVCC Government Committee’s monitoring of state legislation during the Legislative session.
- Invite speakers to committee meetings and general meetings who are experts in the designated areas. Explore ways to expand education to the community.
- Bring issues to the board when it would be appropriate for the League to speak.
- Send letters and op-ed articles with President’s signature.
- Send letters, emails, make telephone calls as individuals on local, state or national issues that come under the umbrella of Social Policy in the League of Women Voters.
- Respond to action alerts on related issues.